Monday 5 March 2012

Improvements to make after first practice exam question

   After doing my first practice exam question based on an extract from Doctor Who and looking at other answer examples along with the mark scheme, these are some things which I feel I could improve upon with my next answer:

   Reference to the points that I am talking about - Although I talked about props and mise-en-scene etc, I did not reference the fact that I was talking about these things which I will need to do in the future.

   More reference to sound and editing - I feel that my points on gender based on mise-en-scene and camera shots were fairly good, but I could have written more about sound and editing used. However, we did not have the full exam time to complete this question and I was starting to explain these things but ran out of time.

   Precise comments - I managed to get a fair amount of information down, but I am not sure that everything was relevant and was needed in as much detail. Also, I did not get round to properly answering the question but instead wrote many detailed notes. Next time I should probably focus on the major ways in which each aspect is used to represent the chosen topic (in this case gender), write brief notes about these and then write precise answers out in full, rather than rambling about absolutely everything that I could possibly analyze.

1 comment:

  1. Very useful evaluation of your answer. You have identified the right areas to focus on next time.

    ReplyDelete